There are many triggers that result in dark spots on your skin. From a scientific standpoint, dark spots, brown patches, age spots, acne scars, melasma, and other discolorations on the face occur from excess secretion of melanin on the skin. However, the real question is…what causes this to happen??
Chances are it’s one of the following factors:
- Over exposure to the sun
- Hormone imbalance
- Vitamin deficiency
- Lack of sleep
- Too much stress!
There is Help!
Dark spots and other skin imperfections can be embarrassing and make you feel self-conscious, which can even lead to low self-esteem. Do not despair, ladies… There are many simple solutions that can help fade, diminish, and reduce the appearance of dark spots – even on the most sensitive skin!
- Put a few drops of freshly squeezed lemon juice on a cotton ball.
- Rub it on the affected area (for those with ultra-sensitive skin: dilute the lemon juice with water, rose water, or honey).
- Give is a few minutes to dry, then rinse with lukewarm water.
- Repeat once a day for 14 days.
- Squeeze fresh aloe vera juice from an aloe leaf.
- Apply it directly on the affected area.
- Gently massage with your fingertips for a few minutes.
- Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes, then rinse with lukewarm water.
- Repeat once or twice daily for a 2 weeks.
Proceed with Caution!
The right skincare routine is essential to fade skin discolorations – especially if you have dark spots that have appeared over a long period of time. Over the counter or prescription products that contain Hydroquinone or Retinol can even out your complexion with consistent use, however, they often cause side effects such as peeling, redness, and hypersensitivity. Chemical peels and laser treatments can also cause severe redness, bruising, swelling, infection, and even more scarring in the long run!
Get Your Glow Back!
A more conservative approach is not only safer, but can be equally effective. Choose skin brightening products that contain exfoliants and skin-renewing ingredients derived from natural extracts rather than strong chemicals which can aggravate the problem.
HéBella Brightening Serum is a great choice to help diminish dark spots and fade circles around your eyes, as it also contains a mixture of mastic gum and Greek olive oil to gives your skin a fresh and radiant look.